Thursday, June 18, 2009

40th Birthday

This pic of my hubby was shot on the spur of the moment with my iPhone before we headed out to dinner-- not bad, huh?

So, on July 17 is his big 4*0. I have been mulling over ideas since last year... Beside Camp Watanda (which would have been perfect), I checked into the Forest House Lodge (where we had initially planned to our wedding, you get the entire location including a catered dinner, the bar, & 27 rooms for 24 hrs-- too much $$$$)... the Mikuni Sushi Bus (no longer travels)... inquired about some houseboats... considered a limo/party bus, but where to go?
Just inquired about Palm Lake Retreat, we'll see (nevermind that, they want $2500 for an event or $1200/2 nights)...

I wish I would have had it all squared away then when we had more $. Now with only a month to go it's looking like just a party (surprise party?) at our place instead of a more unique, special shindig I had envisioned. I wanted to make it really memorable. I suppose I could throw the 2nd annual 40th party...

My other disappointment is his gift...I'd love to surprise him with a Rolex. That's going to need to wait for another major milestone. What I really wanted to get him is a photo session with my fav semi-local fashion photographer, Billy Winters. He's been doing weights & cardio 5x/wk for months and he looks hot. It'd be great to have some really flattering shots to treasure through the years.

I had hoped maybe we could get his old band together (The Council) to do a birthday show...that's not going to happen. But what I am hoping to be able to do is track down his estranged best friend-- he would so surprised & happy! No luck online, need to start making some calls...

Since this has been a pretty whiny post, I will also add that all the 40th b-day decorations are crap! Why can't they have anything that looks decent or is along the lines of "Life begins at 40".

ANY LOCATION OR GIFT IDEAS?? <:D
No worries, my man doesn't read my blog unless I ask him to...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin