Monday, June 15, 2009

Experiences make us happier


I heard about this study on Oprah radio on the way to our weekend away. I have to totally agree! Not just because it justifies my desire to travel and try new things, but it really rings true. I don't regret any trips or new experiences I've "invested" in and I can't think of anything I've bought for myself that I'll treasure for life. Trips and special events have made up some of my fav memories. It's funny how the challenging parts just fade away or seem funny in retrospect.

I also remember hearing about a study that you remember more about visiting new places vs. going to the same annual vacation. It stimulates your senses more and you are more aware. Whereas, when you go to the same place every year you may forget alot of the details or they blur together.

Live life to the fullest!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin