Sunday, July 5, 2009

BEST restaurant in the world!!

I have wanted to experience El Bulli for quite some time (on my "bucket list")... in Dec. I hope to be announcing that I made the cut (8,000 out of 2,000,000) and will be flying to Spain in 2010 with my lucky reservation. If not, I will cross my fingers for 2011...

El Bulli recently won "Best Restaurant in the World" for the 4th year in a row. It is the ultimate culinary affair...average of 30-40 gourmet courses over the course of 4-5 hours (only open 6 months of the yr, with a new menu every yr). El Bulli is a cross between a research lab & an edible art institute, with dishes designed to entertain as much as nourish, to magically surprise the palate... Ferran Adria is obsessed with flavor... his creations provide sensual & intellectual pleasure...an emotional experience.

Video cameras aren't allowed, however this lucky fella landed a dinner interview:

In reviewing the top 100 restaurants for 2009, I see that I've had the fortune to dine at 3 of the 12 USA winners, so far... French Laundry (random surprise from my honey), Chez Panisse (b-day w/ my BFF), & L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon (in Vegas, baby). 7 are in NYC, 1 in Chicago, and to my surprise 1 I've never heard of, Manresa, fairly close-by in the bay area.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin